Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ken`s Blog on Fear

The last couple days here have been really stressful for many people in our group. 2 nights ago, a couple from our group were walking down the street at 6 o`clock in the evening, still very much daylight and were confronted by 3 men who demanded that they give them everything they had. The men even had the audacity to reach into the girls pockets, take her money, and rip of her necklaces from her neck. They stole the guy`s iPhone and money. A day earlier, a friend of mine almost had her camera stolen in the middle of the day and I heard from the same friend that she met a young Canadian woman who had been mugged in Quito twice in the last 4 days, once at gun point.

Because of all these stories, there is great sense of unease and fear. I´ve been thinking about it a lot, and trying to remember how big God is that whatever happens, He is my rock, my strength, I should be careful but not fearful. Then this morning, I read my pastors blog and he posted a very appropriate post on fear. Thanks Ken!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lynds...I will definitely continue praying for you. You are right, we do serve a HUGE, wonderful God! This story makes me really want you to come home SOON! But I know that God will protect you, and He will be your strength and shelter. I love you!

    ReplyDelete