Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dia del Madre

Here in Ecuador, Mother´s day is very important, especially because the mothers generally cook and clean every day of the year for their families, because the husbands always work. So today is the one day that they don´t have to do either! I woke up this morning and cooked breakfast for my host mom because the dad, brother and sister don´t know how to cook! It was so fun making omeletes, fruit salad, coffee and juice for the family.

I want to say happy Mother´s day to my mom as well! I tried to call, but only left a message but hopefully it´s better than nothing!

We had an amazing weekend in Otavalo seeing the indigenous people living life and going to their incredible market yesterday morning. It was so fun bartering with the vendors in Spanish and I got some amazing deals, from the people who actually made the jewelrey, blankets, art, scarves etc. that I bought. Some men even told me that my Spanish was so good!

Es todo para ahorita

No comments:

Post a Comment