Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trust

When I got off work yesterday, I had a voice mail from the Spanish teacher that I will student teach for, and hopefully would be taking over her classroom in November. I was filled with nerves hoping she would say that I got the job and would be her long term sub, but instead she just said to give her a call back. Long story short, she called me again and started with "Lyndsey, I have some bad news...". Essentially, I pretty much had the job until Friday, another applicant applied who has a license already and Katie Winning's words "administratively, it makes more sense to go with the person who already has a license", as opposed to jumping all the hoops to get me an emergency license.

Needless to say, I was pretty devastated, because I had let me hopes get so high, and almost expected to get the job. But as Evan, my family and all my friends tell me, it is a good experience to have gone through an interview already and to have made the connections that I did. I'm still really bummed, but I also have learned that God ALWAYS knows what is best for me and I don't. He obviously has other plans for me, and all I can do is "Trust in the Lord with all my heart and not lean upon my own understanding".

So it's back to Ann Taylor and regular student teaching, and hopefully come next April when I am a qualified, licensed teacher, I will finally have my teaching job! Or, maybe God has other plans regarding that too...I can only trust.

1 comment:

  1. lynds...so sorry. sounds like you're doing a good job getting to the spot of being okay with it. good for you for working through it. it's hard.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete