Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Birthday

Beginning the hike
Outside 28 for drinks and dessert
Benham Falls
Last Tuesday marked my 23rd birthday. Last year's birthday was a little rough in that we had been married less than a month, moved to a strange place (for me) and had exactly zero friends. We were extremely poor and a missed my family and friends so much. Needless to say, I try to remember the year I was 22 as opposed to the day I turned 22; Evan can attest to that. Anyways, so Evan and I were blessed to be able to take off my birthday and spend it enjoying life together. Evan made me an amazing breakfast (as always)to start off the morning and then we let our tummies settle for a bit. Evan told me to change into casual clothes and running shoes. I had no idea where we were going. He packed up a picnic lunch and filled up our camelback with water. We drove about 30 min. south of Bend and ended up going on this beautiful 6 mile hike that we had been wanting to try out. Afterwards, we drove back to Bend to have a fun picnic lunch and then open presents! I was so excited that my parents gave me all of the Settlers of Catan extensions and expansions! Now we can play everything from Settlers to Seafarers with 6 people! Evan surprised me with a bag from the Kilns bookstore that I had been wanting for so long! We were so full from lunch that we went out with our closest couple friends up here for drinks and dessert! It was such an amazing and perfect birthday. I felt so blessed and so loved and I am so thankful for all that the Lord has blessed me with!

2 comments: