Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nerviosa

November was supposed to be the beginning of my student teaching. However, as of today, I still don't have a placement. I do have a placement at the high school in a Spanish class for January-April though. The teacher for that class though is going on maternity leave and needed a long term sub. Last week, my cohort leader/teacher called me with the news that Summit High still hadn't found a long term sub and that she recommended me for the position. Most student teachers give up 50 hours a week easily, without pay and dedicate their lives and time to teaching. This opportunity would be amazing because not only would I be paid to student teach, but the classroom would essentially be mine from November to the end of the school year in June.

I was "nerviosa" because I haven't had an interview that meant so much to me and had so much on the line possibly ever. That interview for the position was today. I went in praying, knowing that God knew what will happen, and that God's will will prevail, but even so, I had butterflies, like I haven't had since competitive swimming! The interview went fairly well, it was mostly the vice principal and Katie the Spanish teacher I would take over for, telling me what the job would look like. Essentially, in November I would take over the class with 2 Spanish II classes and 2 Spanish III classes. I would be a real teacher in a matter of months!

I think overall it went well, except that one of the other Spanish teachers kind of drilled me and I hadn't had to speak Spanish on the spot like that since college...So, we will see in the coming weeks what will happen, but I know God has a plan and in His strength, I will rest.

1 comment:

  1. We'll pray for the potential new gig or something better! (This is Shiloh) :)

    ReplyDelete