Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween is here

Halloween is one of my favorite non-holiday holidays! I just love that it comes at the end of fall, half way in between my birthday and Thanksgiving. I love that the leaves have changed color, the morning's are crisp and everyone just seems happier. Maybe it's because they get to dress up and be someone else for the day or maybe it's the sugar overload, but people just seem happier. I love to see the kids dress up and so excitedly ring my door bell hoping for some yummy candy to fill their pumpkin buckets. I know that people today are trying to push for handing out toys instead of candy because it's healthier. But i'm sorry, it's one day out of the year, the candy won't hurt the kids beyond giving them a sugar rush and their parents/teachers headaches. Also, Halloween is the only designated night of the year that I will force myself to watch a scary movie...otherwise, it won't happen!

On another note, Evan and I went over the Jones' to carve our pumpkins! Evan carved a wine and cheese board onto his, I made your typical jack-o-lantern and Kip and Kristen carved the 007 James Bond logo on theirs in anticipation of the new movie coming out in 2 weeks. It was fun, we drank lemon drops, carved pumpkins, played Tiger Woods gold 09 and made pumpkin seeds. Tonight will most likely be more of the same, except adding passing out candy. I wish I was young enough to still go trick or treating!

Pictures from our pumpkin outing last week:

The last time Evan and I dressed up for Halloween. We had just started hanging out as friends! He's the one dressed in camo...
I was the opposite...a princess. Sam was a pregnant farmer...now she's a real mom 3 years later!
All of us in front of the kind of lame corn maze.



No comments:

Post a Comment