Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tengo un trabajo!!!!

For those of you who don't speak Spanish, I said, "I have a job!" A real, teaching job! A high school Spanish teacher in town this last week, decided she was over teaching, got an offer to be an interpreter and up and quit! With the connections and relationships I've built in this town, I was offered the job on Wednesday morning because of the awesome recommendations from mentors of mine! I have 2 blocks of Spanish 1 and 1 block of Spanish 5. I basically had 2 days (this weekend) to organize my classroom and lesson plan since I had to wait to see where she ended up on Friday! I'm super nervous, excited and happy to finally have a classroom that is somewhat my own (she left most of her stuff which is great since I have hardly anything). I know it won't be easy, but I'm leaning on God's strength, my training and experience to get me through! I just hope the kids will like me! I'm going to have to get used ot be referred to as "Senora Hendrix"!

No comments:

Post a Comment