Monday, April 27, 2009

Updates

So, my Ecuador trip is finally almost here! I'm nervous, excited, sad and can't wait. I will miss Evan so much, but I know that this will be a great opportunity for me, teaching in Ecuador and traveling outside of the country for the first time ever! I would love any prayers for safety.

To update the next few weeks:

Thursday- Leave for Portland, Education graduation

Friday- Hang out in Portland with my parents and Evan

Saturday- All school GFU graduation (where I get my Masters!)

Sunday- 6am, leave for Quito, Ecuador! 12pm-ish, land in Atlanta airport, then 8pmish land in Quito. I will meet my host family and then have all day Monday to explore the city.

Monday through Fridays I will help teach in the local Secondary public school, then have Spanish classes in the afternoon (which for me might be slightly boring since I already know Spanish, but it's ok).

Then in the evening and on the weekends, we are free to travel and go where we want! My friend Denise and I already have some cool trips in mind. Since we have internet access daily at the Spanish school, I'm hoping to add frequent updates of my adventures and travels!

Sunday May 24th- Fly into Portland, 10am. We're taking the red-eye Saturday night out of Quito home, not looking forward to that!

I'm so excited for my first real travel experience! T-6 days!

3 comments:

  1. Lyndsey... Have tons of fun and a wonderful experience! Be safe and will see you when you get home... all our love... Cathie & Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the updates!

    ReplyDelete