Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye crazy 2010 and Hello 2011

I know I'm missing my Christmas and New Year's Eve updates, with pictures, but I will update those later. Today school started back after a fun but non-stop 2 week vacation. I asked my ESL students to write new year's resolutions 1. because it's a very United States thing to do (at least for a month) and 2. because I felt mine were so successful last year because I wrote then down, and told people about them. So, because I asked my students to write then down, I felt it was only fair that I write them down as well for 2011. I have quite a few remaining from last year, but I completed many of my big resolutions from last year too, which is encouraging for the coming year! Here they are, let's hope for a happy and less hectic 2011 filled with great memories with family and friends!

  1. Start learning how to play the guitar.
  2. Print off many of the digital pictures I have shot in the last 4 years.
  3. Deep clean my car. (Done in the Spring) I need to do this again :)
  4. Read a book a month, since I have an entire bookshelf in my house with unread books.
  5. Find my place in church ministry.
  6. Go back to Seattle.
  7. Make home made croissants.
  8. Try to blog once a week
  9. Go snowshoeing and/or cross country skiing before all the snow melts (completed 12/10)
  10. Go camping (finally) with Evan.
  11. Try a new food. (completed 12/10- head cheese!)
  12. Go to the Portland Zoo.
  13. Pay off my Loft credit card and every other card we have.
  14. Try a new workout class, and dedicate at least a month to actually showing up to each class.      (completed 02/11, and still going strong!)
  15. Visit a new city.
  16. Journal 3 times a week.
Cheers to a happy and God centered new year for everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That is a big list. Good for you. I don't see another 1/2 marathon in there. lol. Here's to a wonderful 2011.

    ReplyDelete