Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One Year Anniversary

Yesterday was August 18, 2008, exactly one year after Evan and I got married. We didn't have the top tier of our cake to eat because I didn't think that it would taste very good a year later! However, we did get to sleep in for the first time in a long time. Evan woke me up and told me to close my eyes. When I opened them there was the cutest stuffed animal panda in front of me with a jewelry box tied to him. Inside the box was a beautiful white gold necklace with 1 diamond for our 1 year anniversary! I was so surprised and so happy! We got up and made a yummy breakfast with a frittata, home-made parfaits, and a Veuve Clicquot Champagne that we've been saving for a year to drink! It was thundering, smoky, rainy, hailing day in Bend, so we stayed inside, watched the Olympics and a movie for most of the day. For dinner, we got dressed up and went to Blacksmith, a great restaurant in Bend. We brought a 2002 Silver Oak Cabernet, for those who know, it is a very nice and expensive wine that we laid down to open on our 1 year anniversary! To sum it up, we had a great first year of marriage and can't wait for the next decades of marriage!
Here are some pictures from our day!



1 comment: